Most medications can be refilled via electronic prescription. If you need a refill for any medication, the easiest way is through the Patient Portal. Login and on your “dashboard” you will find a list of all active medications. Click on the “request refill” link. This will alert the office to process your request.
Alternatively, please leave a message on our refill line 301-881-7995, option 5. Your message must include all information necessary to refill the prescription, including:
- Patient’s name and date of birth
- Medication name (including any special modifiers, such as concentration, or “XR”)
- Medication dose
- Frequency of dosing
- Number of refills requested
We will send a message through the Portal or leave a voicemail when the prescription is complete.
Please allow 2 business days of processing time to ensure your child does not run out of medicine.
If your child needs to be seen by a specialist and your insurance company requires a referral, please follow these steps.
- Call the specialist and schedule an appointment.
- Login to the Patient Portal. On the left panel under the heading “messages” there is a link to request a referral. Click this link and send us a message with the information below.
- Alternatively, you can call our referral line at 301-881-7946 or our office at 301-881-7995, option 6. Leave a message with the following information:
- Patient’s name and date of birth.
- Specialist’s name, phone number, and fax number
- Date and time of appointment
- Indication for referral
- We will then fax a referral to the specialist’s office.